This super-session was presented by myself – another packed session. This has been a popular topic at the last two VMworlds – I try REALLY hard to keep this session and topic as non-EMC specific and as multi-vendor as possible. (IMHO, it’s not the time/place for too much EMC-specific – that’s for the supersessions and EMC World :-)
The topics covered included storage connectivity and multipathing design best practices across protocols, vendors, and VI3.5 and vSphere. Topics discussed where:
- the things that have changed in vSphere’s iSCSI initiator, the do’s and don’ts to achieve high throughput.
- the current CLARiiON iSCSI design consideration to workaround the multiple login issue with iSCSI initiators I discussed here.
- details on the Pluggable Storage Architecture in vSphere, how it works, how to configure SATPs, PSPs via the CLI
- details on how NMP round robin works, and considerations
- Third party PSA modules – EMC’s PowerPath/VE, and the Dell/EqualLogic
- NFS considerations and best practices
Hope you find it useful!!!!
You can download it in PDF format…